What you should do
Let People Know!
Any successful event requires footfall! Here are some things you can do before the fair to help maximise your stall investment:
- Please Blu tac a flyer and put in the back of your car window/house window.
- Distribute flyers. (these I will give to you in person or send in the post)
- Invite your existing and any prospective customers to visit the fair.
- If you maintain a customer mailing list (and you should do!) email them the show details.
- Add the event to your Facebook page (and any other social media accounts you use). Let people know where you’ll be!
- Add event information to your website.
- Consider updating your email signature to advertise your next show.
- Check you have sufficient business cards.
What I do
As event organiser, in addition to the list above, I also market all my events as follows:
- Design and get printed a minimum of 1,000 flyers for each event and post to all the stall holders.
- Design/print/laminate posters and distribute to shops, libraries, doctors surgeries, etc. in local surrounding areas.
- Paid advertising in local papers, Green Events, South West Connection etc.
- Design and hang banners in local area.
- Door to door drop of flyers in local area when possible.
- Enter events on Facebook Events and website events sites such as ‘What’s on Cornwall’.
- Blu tac flyers in the back of my car window.
- Posters/roller banners, inside/outside the event on the day.